Sunday 12 May 2013

Regarding the FKG Kindle version

I just happened to notice several complaints on Amazon about the Kindle version of the FKG, I don't have a Kindle, but apparently it's quite hard to read as it's scanned as a picture. So, be warned: don't buy it unless you know a way to get around that problem.

By the way, the Kindle version was Trafford's idea, they didn't even ask me... :/
Since a few years back it's not Canadian anymore but an American company that tries hard to maximise profits. For one thing, they keep calling me every three months or so, a new book agent every time, usually trying to talk me into buying my own book or a spot for the book in some NY book fair for newly published fiction books...
- All the FKG apparently needs is some more exposure, so that everyone can enjoy my "wonderful handling of the plot and interesting character development" etc etc. - I actually tried to tell that guy that it was a chess book, not fiction, but that only got him even more enthusiastic about my writing skills and plot handling! :))

When my current corr games are finished I hope to get some time over for the paper work of unpublishing the FKG, so if you really want it in book form, then I guess it might be a good idea to order it within the next six to nine months.

(Btw, I still haven't gotten around to check the Lulu option for ebooks (since someone asked for a FRG Kindle version a few months ago), but I'd assume that it might have a similar problem - though I'm not sure, as Lulu were able to accept a Word or pdf manuscript iirc.)

And of course, if any European chess publisher would be interested in publishing a FKG 2.0, I'm open to suggestions, especially if it involves a strong co-author, as I definitely won't be spending another two years on it...

No comments: